Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!
Where would I be without mine?
Certainly not here. 



This is a very special day for a very important person in my life (super V.I.P.!), mi mamá! I cannot describe how perfectly beautiful she is, how her spirit shines through her eyes, and how her smile lights up the room. She is always willing to talk, and to listen. She will always love me no matter what, yet will forever call me out on my crap - which is an extension of her love. She is so intelligent, and so much fun to be around. It's impossible not to feel loved, and cared for when she's hugging you.



I can honestly say that my mom has saved my life. Her example, testimony, and desire to do that which is right in the eyes of God is forever imprinted in my memory. Yes, I face depression and anxiety - yet with her as an angel sent from God I have not only been able to manage it, but been able to see some incredible good come of it. She saves my life. 

 


I'm grateful she chose to marry my incredible stud of a dad (Mr. October... That says it all), who loves her so tenderly he would sacrifice his already-failing health to stay up all day and night to put together a video for Mother's Day of their kids saying how much they love her. In fact, one of my most favorite moments with my dad was when we were driving home together late at night, and he told me why he married my mom, why he loves her so much, why she's his best friend. I want to marry someone like my mom.  



So here's to this incredible woman who saves my life, changing unbearable tragedies to tender mercies. Here's to her mother who no doubt was of great influence to my mom in guiding her to be where she is now. Here's to every mother who, knowingly or unknowingly, saves the life of their children with their pure love and sacrifice. As it is our goal to be as our Savior Jesus Christ is, it gives me hope to know there are women of God like my mother who strive to follow Him to the extent where the only phrase that can be used to describe them is 'Christ-like'. Your sacrifices don't go unnoticed. May God bless you all with the blessings of heaven you so justly deserve. Continue to nurture your children to the best of your ability. You may never know the good you've done until you stand before God Himself; until then, trust that everything you do is enough, and that you are perfect in His eyes, my eyes, and the eyes of your family's. 



'Men (and women) are that they might have joy.' 




No comments:

Post a Comment